Saturday, October 3, 2015

Tijuana

How many festivals can one city have this weekend? Besides the two I'm dropping in on, there's an October festival, a theater festival & I think I heard about something else. Wow, Tijuana, where you get your energy?

The First Annual International Festival of Photography Tijuana is an enormously ambitious undertaking, pulled together by a handful of artists who are engaged in a rigorous examination of the culture they live in and desperately want to understand & transform.

The Turista Libre bus tour was such a wonderful, inspiring opportunity to dialogue with the artists & cultural promoters who are rethinking the everyday foundations of their lives here. Revolutionary comes to mind & fun!

My phone is almost out of juice. For the complete version of this story, read my article in the San Diego Free Press Web site. But wait until I write it first. ¡Adelante!


No comments:

Post a Comment